Vista | Windows Mail | Windows live mail - issue

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
ycontrol

Post by ycontrol »

Yup...just got a new laptop with vista, set up my work email (pop3) in windows mail....and it just continuously asks me for my username and password even though I have everything in correctly. This seems to be a big issue when I search it online. Although I found no solutions...except..."try windows live mail instead"...so I did and the exact same thing happens.

Any advice? Solutions?

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3935, old post ID:68955
"Never be game over"
manadren

Post by manadren »

Well the obvious thing to ask is if you double checked your usernamepassword and server info. 9 out of 10 times something like that happens you're just typing it in wrong, or caps lock is on or something.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3935, old post ID:68956
ycontrol

Post by ycontrol »

Well you called it Manadren. I am soooo embarrassed about this. I had the wrong password! I thought it was my main one but unfortunately it was my old WoW password...same number of characters...forgot all about my old WoW password. It had been sooo long since I had typed the password that it completely slipped my mind. As soon as I thought of it...I was like...oh crap...I was scared to even type it in because I knew it was gonna work and I felt sooo stupid. Then I came read your post just now and I was like...great, this makes it even worse...lol.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3935, old post ID:68959
"Never be game over"
manadren

Post by manadren »

No worries. Happens to everyone at some point.

Archived topic from Anythingforums, old topic ID:3935, old post ID:68965